Are you considering getting started with meditation but are unsure whether the juice is worth the squeeze?
Well… a few years a go, that was me.
I was in the same boat!
I’d heard about the benefits of meditation, but it took me over a course of a year to finally commit to trying and to adopting it into my routine.
- I found it challenging to justify taking “time out” of my busy day to meditate
- I felt like I was wasting time meditating, when I could be doing other “more important” things
- I didn’t feel any different after my first few meditations or like I was getting any results
- I thought meditation was a bit too “woo woo” for me.
BUT, once I learned about the array of possible benefits from regular meditation, and the importance of maintaining a consistent routine to experience change, I decided to push myself through the doubt.
AND, it was the best decision I’ve ever made!!
Overtime, I noticed that things were gradually changing.
And now, I can proudly say that some of the benefits I have experienced include:
- My stress & anxiety symptoms have decreased
- I feel happier and more content than ever
- I have a better understanding of myself and my body
- I am more self-aware and aware of others
- I have greater control over my thoughts and emotions
- I find pleasure and gratitude in the small things
- I’m not as impacted by others or their opinions of me
- I’m much less go go go all the time – and can now find a state of peace and comfort that I’ve never had before
- I’m more focused and productive than ever
- I’m more resilient in stressful times and able to keep a level head space.
But what if you don’t have time…
For so many of us, being in a constant state of stress and tiredness has become the norm.
And although it makes us unhappy, impatient and frustrated, we often consider ourselves too busy to change.
In some cases, we even prevent ourselves from doing that “one thing” that could help and potentially change our lives, because we convince ourselves that we just DON’T HAVE TIME!
So, we put it off.
Well I’m telling you now…
Having this mentality is wrong and soon, you’re going to burn-out or crumble from all the prolonged stress on your body.
This is why learning how to meditate, even for 5-10 minutes a day, can be so helpful!
In this article I’m going to highlight the proven benefits of meditation and why meditation can be a godsend, when you know how to do it properly.
With a regular meditation routine, you maximise your likelihood of experiencing the mental and physical health benefits of meditation.
Those who claim they have not experienced any benefits of meditation, are usually those who:
- Don’t put in the work
- Don’t keep consistent or
- Try to bite off more than they can chew and get overwhelmed
But for those who meditate properly, you are practically guaranteed some of the proven benefits below.
If you’d like to learn how to meditate, ensure to register for the FREE / Lite version of the complete Journey to Calm Meditation Course.
The Health Benefits of Meditation
Meditation can offer the following mental and physical health benefits:
- Helps to reduce and relieve the symptoms of stress and anxiety (1)(4)(8)
- Can improve productivity during your day
- Lowers blood pressure, cholesterol and your risk of heart disease and stroke
- Helps to improve sleep and insomnia
- Reduces burn out (2)
- Increases your ability to focus and learn
- Promotes happiness (3), improves mood (4), well-being, a positive mindset, greater quality of life and inner peace
- Gives your body time to recharge so you have more energy throughout the day
- Can help to reduce pain in the body
- Improves your resilience and patience, enabling you to cope more effectively in difficult situations and with the busyness of daily life
- Has been shown to slow down the ageing of your brain (7)
- Increases the amount of grey matter in the brain (the area responsible for muscle control, seeing, hearing, memory, emotions, and speech)
- Let’s you observe your thoughts subjectively, gain greater perspective of yourself and your surroundings
- Can improve quality of relationships (5) by becoming more attentive of others and your surroundings
- Become more self-aware and more able to cope with and manage difficult emotions (6)
Given the extensive benefits of meditation, many choose to meditate for the very real and positive changes it makes to their lives, not out of any obligation to do so.
How Meditation Improved My Productivity
Did you know?
Finding 10-15 minutes each morning to meditate could actually make you more productive.
I wanted to expand a bit more on this, as this is one of the greatest benefits of meditation that I have experienced for myself from regular practice.
It might sound strange that sitting still and doing nothing for 10 minutes, can makes you achieve more in your day…
I think the reason it has had such a profound impact on my productivity is because I am now:
- Able to think clearer with less distraction
- More focused on my priorities, rather than trying to get EVERYTHING done or filling my time with “busyness” / meaningless tasks
- Able to make faster decisions
How I Use Meditation to Relieve Stress & Anxiety Symptoms
Did you know?
These days 60% of all doctor appointments are related to STRESS?
And, although many of us experience its symptoms, few know how to effectively manage or reduce its side effects.
Previously, I’ve had difficulties managing my own anxiety and stress levels.
But since adopting a regular meditation routine, I feel so much more relaxed, in control and able to more better control my emotions.
Of course, I still get stressed from time to time, but not nearly as much as I used to before I discovered meditation AND, now when I do get stressed, I’m much better at handling it.
Although I’m yet to master it, meditation has already helped me to come a long way. It’s truly been one of the most beneficial habits I’ve developed.
I truly wish the same for you.
If you’d like to read more about my personal story with managing anxiety and stress with meditation, you can do so here.
How to Get Started with Meditation
As a beginner, meditation is definitely something that is easier to grasp when you have someone guiding your through it.
Trust me, I know!!
For years, I’ tried to learn how to mediate on my own…
But, I can tell you from first hand experience, it’s so much easier when you have someone teaching you how to do it, rather than just trying to wing it all.
Learning from someone will also save you:
- The disappointment from failed attempts
- Lots of trial and error
- A ton of frustration
- A lot of wasted time
If you’re interested in experiencing some of the benefits of meditation, you can get started now with the “Journey to Calm” Meditation for Beginners course.
This course is designed to save you time, confusion and frustration when learning how to meditate.
In the complete Journey to Calm Course you’ll:
- Learn theory and tips around the basics of meditation, mindset, mindfulness and self care
- Have me guide you through 21 days of meditation.
- Learn how to build a meditation routine that suits your currently lifestyle and routine
- Learn the steps of meditation in a simplified and practical way.
If you’re not ready to jump straight into the complete 14-Day Meditation course, try our FREE / Lite version.
In this introductory mini course for beginners, you’ll learn more about:
- The basics of meditation
- How it can improve overall health
- How meditation can be practiced to relieve stress and anxiety symptoms.
Get started today by entering your details below.
- Why Seeing Progress on our Goals Helps us Live a Happier Life - March 10, 2021
- 7 Time-Saving Productivity Tips that Can Transform Your Life - May 4, 2020
- How to Do Body Scan Meditation & 5 Ways it Benefits Your Health - May 1, 2020